You are here

Rule 3015-1. Chapter 12 - General

Part III. Claims and Distribution to Creditors and Equity Interest Holders; Plans

       A.       Confirmation Requirements. The requirements of 11 U.S.C. §§ 1225(a)(4), 1225(a)(5)(B) - (C), and 1225(a)(6) - (7) are not satisfied unless a Chapter 12 plan contains the information in Appendix G.

       B.      Trustee’s Consent. The court will not confirm a Chapter 12 plan unless the trustee files a consent to confirmation. The trustee does not have to file the consent unless the debtor provides the trustee a plan summary. If the trustee does not file a consent, the debtor may file a request for hearing.

       C.      Trustee Fee. Whether a Chapter 12 plan provides for payments to creditors directly or through the trustee, the debtor must pay the trustee a fee, for each year of the plan, equal to the percentage of all payments under the plan set by the Attorney General or its delegate under 28 U.S.C. § 586(e), or the dollar amount established by the court, whichever is less. See Appendix H.

       D.      Discharge. The court will discharge the debtor in a Chapter 12 case only if the debtor files a motion for discharge and the trustee files a consent. By filing the consent, the trustee represents all conditions precedent to discharge are completed and no objections are filed. If the trustee does not file a consent, the debtor may file a request for hearing. Before the resistance deadline on the motion for discharge expires, the debtor must file the certification in Appendix I regarding domestic support obligations under 11 U.S.C. § 1228(a), or the case may be closed without a discharge. If the case is closed without discharge, to obtain a discharge, the debtor must file a motion to reopen, pay the associated filing fee, file the certification, and file a motion for discharge.